Here are this week’s slides:
Photography for Non-Photographers
1. Go to our section of downtown and collect all nine photos from the bingo card. Upload your photos to Flickr, create an album, and post the link in the comments below. Create a second album and upload a three- to five-shot photo essay. Post that link in the comments as well. This assignment is due by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, September 16.
2. While you are in Chinatown, start thinking about beat pitches. Look for topics and themes you want to cover for the rest of the semester. These topics should be accessible, rich journalistically and full of multimedia opportunities. Your beat pitches will be due on Wednesday, September 23.
Here are today’s slides:
Week 2: FTP and Multimedia (You have to be logged in with your USC email to view.)
1. Find a Tier 3 story that incorporates multimedia. Use Jing to record an audio review of that site. Load the file onto Screencast and share the link in the comments before 4 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9.
3. Sign up for a class discussion time.
Be sure to bring a camera or smartphone to class next week.
It was great meeting you all this evening.
Here are the day’s slides:
Week 1: Introductions and HTML (You have to be logged in with your USC email to view.)
1. Create a webpage with a 300- to 500-word bio. Include why you want to be a journalist. Zip / compress the folder and email me before 4 p.m. on Wednesday, September 2.
2. Download and complete the skills survey. Rename the file with your own name and email me before 4 p.m. on Saturday, August 29.
3. Work your way through the W3 Schools HTML tutorial. You have two weeks to complete the tutorial.
Y’all ready? Let’s do this.